Hi all! I’d like to share what I have planned for this summer for Lotus Laura!
I have a lot of ideas for upcoming posts, but I haven’t been able to get to them the way I used to. This first half of the year, I have been focusing hard on writing my first full-length novel. I’m hoping to get an ebook published on Amazon or some other platform. My due date I am aiming for is by summertime. I was originally aiming for spring, but just when I think I’m wrapping things up, I realize I have so much more to go. It’s been an overwhelming yet exciting process and I can’t wait for the final product. I don’t want to spoil too much, but my hint is that I have already posted the first draft of this story on my blog a little while ago. And it’s a summer-themed story, so summertime release would be good timing.
It’s been a challenge trying to keep up with writing a novel, along with this blog, and also along with Crystal Aura! I know I’ve probably been overworking myself but when you put so much energy into what you’re passionate about, that energy comes right back to you! It’s been busy, but a fun kind of busy! I have a million ideas going through my head all the time, so sticking to three different things is actually an accomplishment for me. I’d try to tackle a hundred different things if I could, but I’m trying to stay aware of my limits!
- Mythology — I have so much more I’d like to learn and share about mythology. There are so many gods and goddesses I plan to write about, and then from there go into their background stories and also ways you can benefit from them in your daily lives. I also want to share more about other mythical creatures like fairies or animals.
- Holidays (holy-days) — There are so many holidays I would like to get into and write about, not just from the wheel of the year, but many traditions including ancient Egypt holidays which are very interesting and unique.
- Herbalism — I would like to share more about herbalism, specific herbs for different purposes and how you can use them. This includes spices, mushrooms, and all plants, as well as poisonous plants!
- Crystals — types of crystals, their benefits and uses.
- Health routines — I’d like to share with you my supplement routines and natural beauty routines.
- Ask a cat mom — Thanks to my aunt Nancy for sparking this idea — this will be a series answering specific questions about having a cat.
- Media reviews — I have more films, books, music, and TV reviews to share.
- Recipes — More quick and simple recipes.
- Notebooks & journaling — A couple posts on notebook keeping, journaling, and my personal experience with it, as well as how you can benefit from it.
- Mental health — I would like to write more about mental health and personality disorders.
- Body positivity & acceptance — More posts on how we can feel good in our bodies and skin no matter what they look like.
- Essences — Having recently learned about flower essences and other types of essences, I’m super excited about this and I would really like to write about this once I learn more.
- Spirit animals — There are practically an endless amount of spirit animals to write about! I certainly plan on continuing with this.
I think I have covered just about everything!!!
Something I also plan to focus on more is networking!
- WordPress — Firstly, I want to be sure that I am keeping up with my fellow bloggers and WordPress community.
- And other social networks — Pinterest, instagram, twitter, etc. Great ways to share your writing and also connect with other writers.
- WordPress now offers a podcast feature — now I don’t think podcasting is my thing (but I do love podcasts!) however I was thinking of recording guided meditations at some point. Personally I find them so helpful. But this is just an idea for now!
- For so many years, I’ve thought about creating tinctures, herb jars, and other types of potions to sell. This would be a huge project but something I’m planning on moving closer towards.
- My Etsy shop has had several sales on psychic readings! I plan to expand on this and offer more types of readings soon. Please check it out!
- There are so many BOOKS I have been wanting to read, both nonfiction and fiction, and summer is a great season for reading.
That basically sums it up! I have so many ideas running through my head all the time so it feels good to type it all out. Looking back, it feels like a lot. My biggest challenge is focus and prioritizing. Often it feels like there is never enough time in the day, and I know that’s my sign to just pace myself.