Happy new year!!!
It’s time to take a look back at my blog stats!
These stats do not include everyone — if you have your cookies turned off, if you are viewing through WordPress reader, etc. They are not completely accurate.
2020 saw an extreme splurge in growth, while 2021 continued to show significant progress in viewers. This past year, I published slightly less posts than 2020 and 2019, I had slightly less likes and comments than 2020, but still gained many more viewers and followers. Significantly more people found me through search engines and Pinterest.
In the year of 2021…
- 81,088 views
- 59,011 visitors
- 3,446 likes
- 1,134 comments
- 55,956 search engine referrers
- 2,908 Pinterest referrers
- I published 146 posts
- 142,362 views
- 100,558 visitors
- 977 followers
- 723 posts
- 2,871 comments
- Most popular day/hour is Sunday (15%), 3 PM (6%)
A huge THANK YOU to my top commenters!!!
Alongside, thank you to everyone who supports my blog — your comments, your likes, your views, all means the world to me!
My top viewed posts:
- Top 25 Darkest & Saddest Lana Del Rey songs (50k)
- Top 25 Romantic & Sensual Lana Del Rey songs (20k)
- What’s Your Spirit Animal? (5k)
- QUIZ ~ What’s My Spirit Animal? (4k)
- Top 10 Controversial Lana Del Rey songs (3k)
- DIY Craft: Mini Spell Jar (2k)
- Mythology ~ Goddess Isis (2k)
- Are you an “old soul” or a “new soul”? (2k)
- Fashion trends ~ Kawaii / Creepy-cute / Pastel goth (1k)
- Fanfiction ~ Joker & Harley Quinn have a BABY! (1k)
- I tried “Soul Drops” — Legal Microdosing (1k)
- Heavy Metal Female Leads of the 2010s (1k)
Accomplishments & goals:
- In 2020, I predicted that my most popular post (Darkest & Saddest LDR) would reach 50,000 views — and I was correct! Can we get to 100,000 by next year!?
- In 2020, I aimed for over 100,000 views — and I surpassed this at nearly 150k views and over 100k visitors!!! Let’s make it over 200k by 2023!
- In 2020, I hoped for 1,000 followers by 2022 — I am very, very close at 977! By next year, I think I will certainly reach this goal. I’m shooting for at least 1,200 followers by then!
- Next year, I am hoping to do more networking and outreach. I feel like I did not do nearly as much of that this year as I was hoping for.
I have decided that this year, I am going to incorporate more astrology, horoscopes, numerology, tarot, and other esoteric subjects into this blog. I started my “Crystal Aura” website last year. Initially, I wanted to keep these two blogs separate because I was worried about losing followers on this site, worried that some people would feel very against these subjects. But I’ve realized that spreading myself out thin like this is preventing me from having focus.
This year, my keyword is “integration” — I have so many different passions and interests, now I want to focus on blending them all together. Instead of feeling like I have to choose one thing, I am finding ways to integrate. I’m not going to let myself get too bothered about what people may think — if you don’t like something then you can unfollow, if you do like it then that’s awesome! Either way, I need to embrace what I like and be who I am without fear. Just because I am interested in things that may not be mainstream or widely accepted, does not mean I should be hiding it or be ashamed of it. In fact I have recently learned that more people than I realize are intrigued by these subjects.
So, I am really excited about this! Another topic I am really going to incorporate more of is herbalism, which I am still in the process of learning more about. And with that, mythology continues to be a huge interest of mine. So anyway… my goal for 2022 is integration… it is to embrace what I am passionate about, without feeling like I have to keep anything separated or hidden. And this goes beyond my blogging too, this is about embracing every single unique side of me, without feeling like I have to keep each part separated. I think this will be a really great year!