In numerology, the year 2023 is reduced to the number 7.
2 + 0 + 2 + 3 = 7
Last year was “6”
Last year was the universal number 6. You can take a look at last year’s summary here. Basically, there was a great focus on relationships, caretaking, and birthing of new ideas for the collective consciousness.
For me, 2022 forced me to confront what I want in terms of a romantic relationship. It also brought me a lot of inspiration for my creative business.
The meaning of “7”
In numerology, seven is a very reclusive number. It symbolizes introspection and going within. It is the most philosophical number, implying deep thinking.
The year 2023 is sure to be filled with a lot of depth. The past several years had us focused on our relationships with others; people outside of ourselves. This upcoming year, it’s time for you to draw the attention back to yourself. In 2023, it is likely for us to slow down, spend more time by ourselves, and see everything in a more philosophical way.
This is also a very spiritual number. You may find yourself urging to find connection beyond the material realm. There is a likely to be a very deep revelation.
The universal year of 7 was back in 2014. Looking back, you may find many parallels and common themes between that year and this upcoming one. For me, 2014 brought a lot of revelations about the nature of reality. I found myself drawn to many books on philosophy that taught enlightening concepts.
Your Personal Year
If you want to get more personal about what this upcoming year will bring, take the universal year (7) and add it to your life path number, and then reduce to a single digit.
Your life path number is the reduced sum of your birthday.
For example: Born November 14, 1994 = 11 (November) + 14 + 1+9+9+4 = 3
Life path (3) + Universal year (7) = 1
Here is a quick reference for what your personal year implies:
- 1 — A new beginning, putting yourself first, focusing on self-love, trying something new
- 2 — Important partnership (business, friendship, or romantic), external focus
- 3 — Expressing yourself, new ideas, high creativity
- 4 — Establishing routine and stability, looking for security
- 5 — Many changes, a new life phase, craving adventure
- 6 — Charity work, peace and harmony, healing
- 7 — Solitude, internal focus, strong sense of spirituality
- 8 — Successful business, financial gains, confidence boost, power
- 9 — High energy, achievements, wisdom, a grand completion