I’d like to say that 2022 is the year that my business was fully created, although the few years prior served as major stepping stones to get there.
I’d like to look back on some important milestones that got me here.
- In 2015, I downloaded a tarot app and began learning about the cards and practicing readings on myself.
- In 2016, I joined WordPress as “Lotus Laura” after many years of blogging on many different platforms.
- In 2017, I bought my first pack of tarot cards, a book on tarot, and spent most of my evenings practicing and learning.
- In 2018, I began writing about astrology on a blog called “Crystal Aura.”
- In early 2019, I published fiction for the first time, after a lifetime of writing stories and being too scared to show people. It was a short story called “Conquest of the Mystifying Mermaid.”
- In spring 2019, I began another fiction series called “Forbidden Knowledge.”
- In late 2019, I upgraded my WordPress blog to premium and received a huge spike in views.
- In 2020, I opened a Youtube channel and began recording and posting tarot videos online.
- In early 2021, I opened up my Etsy shop and started selling potions, charms, and psychic readings.
- Also in 2021, I began writing personalized horoscopes online.
- In the summer of 2021, I published my first book called “The Captain & the Mermaid.”
- In the spring of 2022, I published my second book called “Forbidden Knowledge.”
- In 2022, I merged together my passion for blogging with my passion for astrology and tarot, by no longer keeping two separate blogs and instead, adding these esoteric subjects to my original blog. I was worried about judgment and losing viewers, but it turns out a lot of people are interested in these types of things too. There’s no need to hide my love for the dark arts.
- In early 2022, I took an online palmistry class with live zoom meetings.
- In late 2022, I joined Medium and for the first time I am profiting from my blogging.
- Also in late 2022, I set up a Twitter account for daily horoscopes.
- I’m continuing to make sale on Etsy, along with adding many new listings to my shop.
- I have been slowly, but steadily, growing my Youtube channel with frequent pick-a-card tarot videos. I am not able to monetize it right now, but I’ve been surprised by how many people enjoy it. It still serves as great practice and great way to get honest feedback.
Before you look ahead, I think it’s so important to look back and see how far you’ve come before feeling overwhelmed about how far there still is to go.
As you can see, the birth of Crystal Aura Gaze happened very gradually, not overnight. It started as “Crystal Aura” but I wanted a third word to help the title stand out more and contain more uniqueness. I first used “Crystal Aura Prophesy” for a while but soon felt like the third word needed to be shortened to something more simple. Finally I landed with “Crystal Aura Gaze.”
There were many years of learning and sharpening my astrology/tarot skills — but more importantly trying to break out of my comfort zone and feel okay with so many strangers watching me, reading my words, and taking part in my work. Really, the hardest part has not been the work itself, but the psychological aspect of letting down my wall and overcoming my shyness.
2021 was my first year of earning a profit, but 2022 was the year of establishing a solid foundation, setting routine, and feeling confident about my work. 2023 will be the year of full swing, gaining momentum, and taking those necessary risks.
- Publish monthly horoscopes; continue to write about astrology.
- Publish tarot videos at least 2-4 times a month.
- Post on Medium at least weekly.
- Continue posting on WordPress blog.
- Focus more on Etsy marketing.
- Build stronger connections with other bloggers.
- Keep up with Instagram and Twitter; although it will not be prioritized as much as the other platforms.
- Expand my knowledge of astrology, tarot, palmistry, runes, and other dark arts.
- Publish my first nonfiction book.
Thanks to everyone who has supported me along the way! Xoxoxo.